A downloadable game for Windows
Food Island is populated by friendly food creatures. They all lived happily until Komida-chan stepped in and started to eat them. Together, they must gather and defeat their mortal enemy... You.
During a game:
- A & D - move Left & Right
- W - jump
- S - drop down thin platforms
- K - knife (damage)
- J - fork (stun)
- I - teeth (eat)
- Alt + Enter - fullscreen
- Esc - End the game (do NOT press it if you're doing a sick score)
- P - pause
In the menu:
- Space - next screen
- Enter - skip to the title screen
Your goal is to survive as long as you can! You have three "H" bars:
- HP - Health Points, no need to explain this one, right? If you run out of HP, you die. It's as simple as that.
- Hunger - The bar depletes the hungrier you get. When this bar is empty, it periodically deals damage to your body. Stay safe. Eat enemies!
- Happiness - Like the hunger bar, it depletes as you get sad. The more unhappy you are, the more you get hungry quickly. You get sad whenever you get hit by an enemy or when you eat food that you don't like (no need to worry about the latter in the Jam version), but you get happier when you eat!
There are three types of attack in Food Eater:
- Knife - It damages enemies, pretty straightforward.
- Fork - Stuns enemies. The lower their HP is, the longer they're stunned!
- Teeth - If an enemy is low on health AND is stunned, you can eat it!
Note: you can regenerate HP by eating an enemy while being happy and full.
This is my first AGBIC jam! It was really fun to do. Unfortunately, I could not add everything I planned because I missed the first week and was busy, but I'm really happy actually finish it. Despite the week extension, I was sure I wouldn't be able to provide something playable. It's missing tons of enemy types and concepts (like cooking food with fire, changing properties of enemies depending of how you attack them , etc) but it's better than nothing. :)
Definitely will keep working on it if you like the concept; might change a few things due to copyright stuff since it's based on a already made cartridges, but I definitely dig the eating/food concept!
All assets but one (the game over song) are made by me (code, art and music)
♥ FEEDBACK APPRECIATED ♥
- Game over music: Yes - Roundabout
- Cartridge (not in the game): Ezequiel Nieto
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.